• Advertisement

October is National Pit Bull Awareness Month

以絕育代替捕殺

October is National Pit Bull Awareness Month

帖子admin » 周日 11月 01, 2015 6:17 pm

http://www.nationalpitbullawarenessday. ... Month.html
In 2011, October was designated as National Pit Bull Awareness Month after a friend suggested I do something special to honor the memory of my first pit bull, Tiffin, who passed away in the spring of that year, and the dog that inspired Bless the Bullys and National Pit Bull Awareness Day. I wanted to pay tribute to the incredible creature who captured my heart and inspired me to work to change the perceptions of the American Pit Bull Terrier and "pit bull-type" dogs. That being said, I know that each of you has your own special dog, a dog for whom you desire to see positive change - a dog that inspires and brings happiness to your life - and it is my hope that in the work we do together for the breed, we are creating a legacy for all our dogs.

Really and truly, we should strive daily to put forth our greatest efforts for the breed, and I know many of you do. Over the last couple of years, I've noticed an upswing in positive stories about pit bulls…they are even the center of TV shows. While we can’t all be on television educating about and advocating for our dogs, we all can make a difference in our own way. We all can and should play a part in correcting false information and changing the perception of these incredible dogs. We are their voice, and they are depending on us to educate the public (not only about the breed in general, but with respect to responsible ownership practices), to dispel the false information out there, and to restore their reputation as a great American icon. Leading by example is a great place to start!

Extending the National Pit Bull Awareness celebration to an entire month is a great opportunity for shelters, breed clubs, and rescue organizations to spotlight the breed with adoption, education, and responsible ownership events in multiple communities and venues! Since its designation in 2011, we've been thrilled to see so many shelters and rescues across the country hosting events during the entire month of October, with the hope that the spirit of National Pit Bull Awareness Day is carried all year through.

Tiffin inspired me to create a national day of awareness and appreciation for the American Pit Bull Terrier. For Tiffin, and for all out beloved family companions, we should keep the spirit of the National Pit Bull Awareness Campaign in our hearts in October and every day!

Through education and compassion, we will bring about a positive change for these incredible dogs!

Share/分享:
懶得有理_____難得有你
think unique,be special
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

帖子: 3397
注册: 周六 5月 22, 2010 7:54 pm
威望: 0

Re: October is National Pit Bull Awareness Month

帖子admin » 周日 2月 28, 2016 5:31 pm

When people dislike a breed because they are more aggressive. But as the old saying says, "It's the operator. Not the product"

懶得有理_____難得有你
think unique,be special
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

帖子: 3397
注册: 周六 5月 22, 2010 7:54 pm
威望: 0

回到 流浪之家

在线用户

正在浏览此论坛的用户:没有注册用户 和 2 位游客

Reputation System ©'